Tuesday, May 27, 2008

3rd stop…Singapore sling!

Today marks the 23rd day since I’ve started my RTW trip and reluctantly I have left the two worlds down under for my first Asian location, Singapore. Australia and New Zealand have been nothing less than impressive and fulfilling. What an adventure it has been...I could have easily spent my entire two months down there if it weren’t for the fact that I wanted to see the rest of the lonely planet.
I've made it into Singapore this evening to a balmy (29 degree celcius = 87 degree Fahrenheit) and very humid weather. My hair is officially a mad house of tangles in this humidity! I forgot to change my jeans to something lighter, I paid the price later when my jeans feel like they were melting into me. I'm staying in the Chinatown district...its actually really cool with food stalls opened til 2am....my kind of town. My hotel is by the name of Scarlet, its a boutique hotel (http://www.thescarlethotel.com). It feels like I'm staying at an old french colonial hotel and everything is decorated in red and dark chocolate and has a very mysterious + sexy feel to it...I love and recommend it for the location, decor, good service, nice bath amenities, and great water pressure! Ok, enough about the hotel. Now I have just one day to explore the highlights of Singapore, meet up with friends for dinner, and head to Kula Lumpur, Malaysia. Will update later on the colors and sounds of Singapore.

No comments: